Are you looking for a policy, investment or other unclaimed property?
Sometimes people lose track of policies or investments over time. Or family members find documents when finalizing an estate.
We’re happy to look for any policies or accounts you think you might have with us. To help us search, please fill out an. To keep your information as safe as possible, we ask that you send your documents by mail rather than email. Please mail them to:
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
Image Services, Policy Search Team
227 King Street South
PO Box 1601 STN Waterloo
Waterloo, On N2J4C5
The form asks for information about the policy, account or unclaimed property and its owner. It also asks for ID from the person making the search request. Please make sure to include identification and as much information as possible when you return the form. The policy owner information helps us find the unclaimed property. The ID helps us verify your identity to protect Client privacy. If you’re not the policy or account owner, please include proof that you’re authorized to make this request. This might be a Power of Attorney or estate executor documents.
If you can’t print the form, give us a call at 1-877-786-5433 and we’ll send a copy to you.
Once we have your form, it’ll take us about 4 to 6 weeks to search our records and get back to you.
Get more support with unclaimed property
You may be able to get more help from these provincial or national offices:
- The Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association can help track down insurance companies that don’t exist any more.
- Residents of Alberta can try the Government of Alberta's Unclaimed Property page.
- Residents of British Columbia can try the British Columbia Unclaimed Property Society website.
- Residents of Quebec can refer to the Quebec Public Curator website.
- Try searching at the Bank of Canada's Unclaimed Balances page.