- AIDS or tested positive for HIV within the last 12 months
- Alzheimer's disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Angina within the last 5 years
- Anorexia nervosa/bulimia within the last 5 years
- Anxiety, depression or mood disorder resulting in hospitalization within the last 12 months
- Cancer (within the last 5 years)
- Cardiac Arrest
- Cerebral palsy
- Cerebral aneurysm unoperated
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) including treatment by angioplasty or coronary bypass grafting (CABG) within the last 5 years
- Cystic fibrosis
- Drug / alcohol abuse (within the last 5 years)
Life’s brighter under the sun
We acknowledge that Sun Life operates in many Territories and Treaties across Canada. Our Canadian headquarters in Waterloo are on the traditional territory of the Anishnaabeg, Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations.
Today, Canada is still the home to many Indigenous, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis peoples from all across Turtle Island. We are grateful to have the opportunity to work in this territory. We offer this acknowledgment as a stepping stone towards honouring the original occupants, as a testimony to the oppression faced by Indigenous peoples, and our commitment to Indigenous communities and employees of Sun Life.
© Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. All rights reserved.