What is a mutual fund?
A mutual fund is a large pool of money belonging to many people that is invested by experts in stocks, bonds or other securities with the goal of increasing the value of the overall pool. Each fund has a written investment goal that helps you decide whether it should have a place in your overall financial plan.
While some investment funds can be used for shorter-term objectives, mutual funds are typically more appropriate for longer-term investing. That's because their value fluctuates with the values of the securities they hold and returns are not guaranteed. Short-term fluctuations can be quite dramatic, but historically, long-term returns have been higher than from guaranteed interest products.
Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc. Mutual Funds
At Sun Life Global Investments, we believe that thinking and acting from a global perspective brings to light the best opportunities for our investors. Our goal is to help Canadians invest confidently so they can live life on their terms.
As a member of the Sun Life Financial group of companies, we have access to investment professionals located around the world who, for years, have sought out and engaged best-in-class investment managers. We are able to leverage these preferred relationships to give Canadian investors a diverse line-up of mutual funds, investment solutions and services designed to help them pursue their financial goals, both now and in the future.
Sun Life Granite Managed Solutions
- Sun Life Granite Managed Solutions are designed to support a wide range of investment objectives, from capital preservation to capital growth to income.
Sun Life Milestone Funds
- Sun Life Milestone Funds provide a simplified investment solution with a guaranteed maturity value that can help you reach your investment goals, even in turbulent markets.
Diversified income funds
- Diversified income funds seek to generate income by investing across various asset classes, sectors and parts of the world.
- Like most income funds, they make income generation a priority over capital appreciation.
- Equity funds invest in shares of companies and offer potential capital appreciation over time.
- Equity funds have a variety of management styles.
Asset allocation and balanced funds
- Asset allocation and balanced funds are a mix of equities, bonds and cash equivalents.
- Fixed-income funds invest in bonds and have the potential for growth while providing a source of income.
Corporate class funds
- Corporate class funds may be suitable for investors who are looking for a tax-efficient vehicle for their non-registered assets.
Sun Life Global Investments’ Private Client program offers a comprehensive range of mutual funds for investors with $100,000 or more in investable assets.
Invest in mutual funds
Step 1: Find an advisor
An advisor’s job is to help you understand how different products – each with their own features and options – can best meet your individual needs. Talk to your advisor; if you don't have an advisor, find one you're comfortable working with. There’s no cost to talk to an advisor.