Affordable life insurance
Buy Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance online
Get up to $1 million of temporary life insurance coverage by answering just a few health questions. Quebec residents will need to talk with a licensed representative to complete an application.
- You must be between 18 and 69 and live in Canada.
We guarantee that your monthly payments will stay the same for the length of the term you choose – 10 or 20 years.
You can renew this policy for the same term length you chose originally without answering any health questions. Your monthly payments will increase when you renew (because you’ll be 10 or 20 years older), then they’ll stay the same for the length of the new term.
- $100,000 up to $1 million, in units of $25,000
- 10 or 20 years
- If you take your own life within two years of the date your policy takes effect, we won’t pay the claim. But we will refund all monthly payments paid up to then, minus any administration fees.
- If you apply for Sun Life Go Term Life insurance more than once, you can’t get more than $1 million in total insurance coverage.
- Find more exclusions and limitations in the sample policy.
Read examples of text that can appear in a policy. These examples are for your reference only – when we issue your policy, the text in that policy will govern the relationship between you and Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada.
The person making the claim must do so as soon as reasonably possible after the person covered by the policy passes away. To make a claim:
- Call us at 1-800-669-7921. This number is also listed at the beginning of the insured person’s policy. We’ll send you a form to complete.
- Fill out the form and mail it to us at the address listed on the form. Be sure to include any information we ask for to assess the claim. This will include proof that the insured person passed away while the policy was in effect.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Doctors may charge a fee to fill out certain forms. The person making the claim is responsible for covering any fees.
- After we receive all the information we need, we’ll assess the claim within 5 business days.
- We’ll pay within 30 business days after receiving proof required to assess the claim.